Saturday, July 2, 2011

Farmer's Market and Broccoli!

I love Farmer's Market, every chance I get I go to one, they are so fun and you meet the neatest vendors. I love it.  Last Saturday we went to the Farmer's Market in Salt Lake.  We had so much fun buying all these fresh vegetables.  Lettuce, Russian Kale, Zucchini, Red fresh onions, Cucumbers from Wyoming can you believe it.  No they weren't grown outside, instead in a green house, but they are so good, and Broccoli. We have had so many good salads and vegetables this week.
I love cooking Broccoli in the pressure cooker.  So easy! 
Broccoli-1/2 cup water, pressure 3 minutes, release pressure and voila, wonderful Broccoli.
I found this Cream of Broccoli Soup in the Weight Watchers, I tweaked it a little bit and it is really good.

Cream of Broccoli Soup

Ingredients:
1 tlbsp. coconut oil
1 onion chopped
1 garlic, pressed
1 small carrot, chopped
1/2 celery stalk, chopped
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup milk
3/4 tsp. salt 1/4 tsp. ground pepper.

Directions:
Put your pressure cooker on the brown setting, add the coconut oil, onions, garlic,carrots, celery and thyme; cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.  Add the broccoli and broth and pressure for 4 minutes and release steam immediatly.  Take off lid and add lemon juice.  Let cool, I didn't, I just put the broccoli into my blender and blended.  I then turned the pressure cooker on the brown setting again and put the soup back into the pan, added milk, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until hot, 4-5 minutes.  We loved this with cheese and the Boulder brand rice and bean chips.  So Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment