Sunday, March 13, 2011

Two great recipes from the South!

Southern cooking is amazing! But if you indulge in it too long, you would be adding a few pounds.  Believe me I know I added a couple of pounds when we were down there.  Anyway these two recipes are really good. I know they are not pressure cooker recipes, but I still wanted to share them with you.

Chicken Salad  (from Gabriels's Restaurant in Georgia, cousin to Paula Deen)
Serves 6
4 cups roasted chicken-besure it is roasted chicken, this makes a difference in the recipe, the ones at Cosco are really good and most of the time they are only $4.99.
2 cups thinly sliced celery.
Mix these together
Mix:
3/4 cup mayo.
1/4 cup whipping cream or I used can milk.
1/4 cup pickle relish
1 tlbsp. lemon juice
Pinch of white pepper.
Pour over chicken.
Add 1 cup red grapes cut in half before serving.  I didn't have any grapes, so I used a can of mandarin oranges and cut the oranges in thirds.
We ate this salad on large lettuce leaves.  So yummy!

Banana Chocolate Chip Bars
This recipe Julia served at Christian's Baptism.
Mix together:
2 smashed ripe bananas
3/4 cup butter-semi soft
2/3 cup white sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
Add:
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
Mix with the banana mixture, then add 1 cup chocolate chips.
Bake 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
So easy, fast and so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment