Sunday, February 13, 2011

Blueberry Breakfast Bake

I just happen to have this in the oven for breakfast, when I called to see where Ken, Nan and Mitchel were, when to my surprise they were just about to turn into our street from Wyoming.  They loved this recipe, in fact Nan took my cookbook home to copy other recipes.  The cookbook is recipes from the Bed and Breakfast's in Cedar City. We stayed at one last year when we went to the Shakespearen Festival, and I bought one of their cookbooks that was in our room.
I know this  isn't a Pressure Cooker recipe but is still yummy.
Blueberry Breakfast Bake
8 slices bread ( bought a bag of odd and ends of bread at Kneaders which I used, some white and some brown), cubed about 6 cups.
1 8 oz cream cheese, chilled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.  I didn't have 8 ozs. but had 4, works as well.
1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries.
1 1/2 cup milk
8 eggs
1 cup blueberry syrup
Grease 11x7 inch baking dish.  Layer 1/2 the bread, top with the cubes of cream cheese.  Sprinkle on the blueberries.  Then top with remaining bread.  Beat eggs and milk, pour over the bread.  I love cinnamon so I sprinkled a lot on the top after I poured the eggs and milk over the bread. Cover with foil, refrigerate overnight or up to 24 hours.
350 degree oven
Bake covered for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake 25-30 more minutes untill top is puffed and center is set.   by Garden Cottage in Cedar City.

No comments:

Post a Comment