Monday, February 7, 2011

Pressure cooking is so much fun.

About a year ago, I went to a cooking class up to Ogden, Utah at, For Your Kitchen, with Chef Brad.  He used this amazing electric pressure cooker to make soup for us, and it was done in 6 minutes.  I was definitely hooked.  Since then I have been trying different recipes in my pressure cooker.  Some still need a little tweaking, but over the next few weeks I will be posting some recipes.  I won't be doing step by step with pictures.  Just the recipe.
Some advice:  I had to learn the hard way by giving my cell phone number on the internet to this place where you were to get recipes for pressure cooking.  Soon I was getting texts that wanted to give me the recipe on my cell phone, and when our telephone bill came there was a $10.64 charge, this would happen every month.
Our telephone service was nice enough to take that charge off our bill and put a block on our cell phones.  I learned my lesson the hard way.
This is the reason why (Brent) that I wanted to start a blog, to get these recipes out to all people that want to use the electric pressure cooker and need some new recipes.
My advice in buying a electric pressure cooker.  You don't need anything fancy, just one that will brown and pressure.  Some have a rice cooker, Nope you don't need that.  Some have slow cooker, Nope you don't need that.  Again one that will brown and pressure, and you are ready to go.
These recipes we do all the time in the morning:
Steel Oat Cereal
1 1/2 cups water
3/4 cups steel cut oats
1/2 tsp. salt.
Pressure for 6 minutes, let the steam off at once or just let the steam go down itself. I like this because I can put this to pressuring and take a shower and it's ready to eat.
Nine Grain Cereal
2 tbsp. Nine grain cereal
3 tbsp. Quinoa
3 tbsp. regular oatmeal
1/2 apple
5 dates cut up or add a few raisins
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon   1/4 tsp. cardamon
1/4 cup Almonds chopped
1 1/4 cups water
 Pressure cook for 5 minutes.  Let pressure down by itself. So good with half and half and honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment